January 1, 2011

Being Alive

Happy New Year to all who will come across this blog of mine!:)

The year 2010 has been a bittersweet year for me. I have lost a great lady in my life, my Lola, but than again I have received a lot of blessings from the Lord above. My relationship with my family is improving in many ways. Small little ways that matters a lot. My boyfriend and I are taking our relationship to the next level and as much as I want to switch jobs right now, the Lord gave me a different career growth in the form of taking up a master's degree.

In many ways, the year 2010 was a good year like the rest of the years since I adapted a more positive outlook in life. But I felt that this year I have just been breezing in automatic pilot, like I have not been living enough to feel everything. Maybe it is because I am in the state of grief or maybe because I just got used to all the routine of life. I have never felt like, for lack of a better term, a zombie in a while. And this year that will about to change.

I have one ultimate goal for this year and I will be shooting at the starts for it no matter what. When an opportunity comes my way I will go ahead and grab it without any hesitation unlike before. I will take joy in the "mini vacations" that life will present me. I will indulge in my new hobby, one that I have hoped for in years. I will revel in my one big solo travel in June. I will read more books and lessen my time on the internet. I will work harder and party harder and I will open up my senses, my mind and my heart to absorb everything that will make me feel alive.

I will live for this year. The year 2011 will be my year of living!

And I am starting right now.

No comments: