September 27, 2010

The Dysfunctional Family I Love

I got inspired by an application message I received from my social networking site. The message in essence meant to celebrate life with our families. My heart was filled with so much joy upon reading that message for I have that family who celebrates my life with me.

We are a dysfunctional set and I am not ashamed to admit it. When I meant dysfunctional, what I am trying to say is that my family is not of the normal kind. We are not showy to each other to begin with. We have our quirks but the good thing is we do not pretend to be perfect for others to see. This trait is what makes us strong and what makes our love better.

But in spite of the quirks, the problems and the issues we have as a family, I am thankful for having these people in my life. They are there in the best of times, they are there in the worst of times. They may not be saying things out rightly but in actions I know they will always stand by me. I have failed several times to live their expectations but not once did I ever hear them blame me. Not once. All they did was to make me feel that they support me in picking up the pieces of myself even if they are disappointed. I will never hear from them that they are ashamed of me. I will never hear them say that "I told you so."

I may be the biggest failure in the eyes of others but to my family I am damn perfect.

And for that I am eternally greatful to the universe.

No comments: