October 12, 2010

Day 12: CARMONA is in Cavite not Laguna (Photo of the town you live in)

*photos would be uploaded shortly

CARMONA is in Cavite not in Laguna.

Typical conversation with a someone I just met:

Stranger: "So where you from?"
Me: "I am from a town in Cavite called CARMONA. You know, that town where you exit from SLEX going to Tagaytay or Laguna."
Stranger: "Oh yeah I know that, it's that town in Laguna."
Me: "No, Carmona is the first town to Cavite coming from SLEX. The one your saying is Binan."
Stranger: "Yeah so it's in Laguna right?"
Me: "Haaaayyyyyyy! Repeat after me: Carmona is in CAVITE. C-A-V-I-T-E!"

Only a true blooded Carmonaian will know where it is.

It is the gateway to Cavite from SLEX. We are not really that famous except the San Lazaro Horse Racing Club was re-located here. Almost half of the Filipino population will insist that Carmona is in Laguna and as a Carmonian, you have probably gotten so frustrated about this.

Carmona is home to me.

I used to dream I would not spend my old age here but now I cannot think of a better place to raise my future family. It is not a suburb but also not a backward municipality. Without traffic, it would take less than an hour for me to reach Makati, my place of work. After breathing smog the whole day, it is nice to go home and savor some fresh air while gazing at the stars and savoring a laid-back life. Carmona gives me balance.

We are improving though. Now we have a town fiesta that people can see being featured on national TV.

Hopefully, this will lead to less confusion as to our location in the future.

No comments: