October 13, 2010

Day 13: Favorite Songs and Singers (Favorite Musician and Why?)

I am a rocker at heart. I love everything about it. The lyrics, the beat, the sound, everything. But I really cannot pin point a particular musician that is my favorite for I listen to a lot of artists, so I am going to list down a few significant songs that represents who I am and why I choose them and the artist instead.



Smashing Pumpkin's "Tonight, Tonight" from the Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness album describes my life in general, in particular is that lyrics " we're different, we're not the same, tonight". It signifies my constant need to change and that it is really how life should be, changing and being different. Smashing Pumpkin was introduced to me by a friend by accident.

Foo Fighter's "Best of Me" is my frustration song. Whenever I get frustrated I just go and listen to this angst-ridden song about things eating you up. I adored Foo Fighters ever since high school.

Dave Mathew's Band's "Crash Into Me" will forever be dedicated to my attorney/bf.

Cynthia Alexander's "Comfort In You Strangeness" would in time, be my child's lullaby song.

But the band and the song that will forever define who I am would be Eraserhead's "Ligaya". That song made me love rock music at an early age of 10 years old. I still remember how I discovered it. I was on my way to school on a rainy morning when I heard the voice of Ely Buendia singing a love song, which I do not know what the lyrics meant then. My world literally stopped and all I can hear is his voice, the guitar, bass and drum playing.

I knew then I was bitten by the rock and roll bug. And I have the E-heads to thank for.

No comments: