October 1, 2010

Day 1: Liberated (Photo of Myself and How My Day Went)

My day is not yet ending since I still need to study because finals is just around the corner. But I promised myself I would do the 30-day blog challenge come October and today is October 01, so I am starting it. :) It is something I would really want to keep up with and I am determined to make it happen.

First things first, a shout out goes to my Lola Mama and our dear house help Ate Baby for their birthdays today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:)

Here are several photos of me. These are the rare times you would probably see me in self-portraits hahaha! I'll let you know why in the upcoming post on things about me.;)

Me thinks how to upload photos hahaha!
 *I am such a newbie it took me almost two hours to upload photos hahaha!

Today was liberating.

Took a leave from work to do some errands related to school. It is a rainy day and it was the best time to go to three and I say that again THREE different schools to get my errands done.

Good thing I am armed with wet wipes, tissue, bimpo and umbrella.

I went first to my school in QC to get some requirements done and ask what the heck is the problem with my transcript, so I can apply for my on-line account. They advised me to go to my college alma mater and of I went to Leon Guinto to inquire why the transcript I secured from them was not acceptable. I was praying it would be simple as getting a new transcript.

Took a picture of the picture I took in my college alma mater w/ my phone that doesn't have a usb connector hahaha!
But NO... I skipped the part where I took up almost 3 1/2 years of law school in "Spain". You see, I tried being a lawyer but circumstances caused a big change of heart and I have to shift my career path (I will leave it to that for now).
 
I left law school without any intention of going back.

Turns out that my original transcript of records from my college alma mater were transferred to my law school and in order for me to get what I needed, I have to go there and request for a transfer of credentials certificate. The copy that I secured from my college alma matter is only my personal copy. It was indeed original but I cannot use it for purposes of taking up graduate studies.

Going to my law school after three years since we gave up on each other felt so liberating. The last time I was there, I was feeling the lost of that dream of mine and I have no intentions of going back. I described it to my attorney/bf that I felt like seeing an EX for the first time after a very painful break up and having the closure I needed to finish moving on. It is true what they say about moving on. When you see each other and you do not feel bad about what happened, you know you have let go.

In retrospect, I do not regret going through law school. It was the time in my life where I was adjusting to so many things and I acknowledge the fact that I made a hastily decision on it. In the end what I am doing right now is what I really pictured myself to be. I am pursuing something that felt right even if it meant I start at the bottom all over again.

Life is about trying things out and moving on if something fails for it opens up new opportunities that eventually leads to who we are meant to be in this world.:)

1 comment:

kim :) said...

kalyaan! freedom! i heard a presentation on a NGO group called kalayaan and thought the name was fitting for your first blog! i look forward to hearing whatever else takes place in that head of yours ;) may the Spirit of the Lord be with you in this endeavor!